Submit Your Application
Position Title: Administration Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: South Sudan
Work type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: 6 Months
Hydro Concepts Uganda Limited is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). We offer a range of services in majority of water and sanitation disciplines, including but not limited to design and construction of drainage and irrigation systems, rain water harvesting systems, artificial aquifer recharge systems, plumbing, wastewater treatment, water supply systems, hydrology, and non-revenue water management. Our vision is to redefine the Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, and Planning in Africa.
The Administration Assistant is an essential position in the company. The position holder will be charged primarily with providing administrative support to construction management, and secondarily providing general administrative support to the site office. As a main point of contact, the position holder represents the company and regularly interacts with site visitors, sub-contractors, and other officials.
The position requires professional and courteous conduct at all times, and excellence in service delivery
The position holder will handle a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, such as handling phone calls, mail, greeting visitors, setting up filing systems, data entry, typing, updating records, soliciting quotes from vendors, preparing forms such as change orders, purchase orders, service agreements, and subcontracts, as well as ordering office supplies.
S/he will ensure filing and documentation is executed in a timely manner, and is up to date. Due to the high degree of interaction with the public, the position holder will be expected to have excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a team player
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the project manager, resident engineer, and other construction management staff
- Answer incoming calls & e-mails; addressing customer needs directly and/or referring calls to the appropriate manager
- Prepare forms such as change orders, purchase orders, service agreements, and subcontracts
- Execute clerical and general office duties such as setting up filing systems, data entry, typing, copying, ordering office supplies, and other administrative tasks for special projects as requested
- Coordinate meeting logistics and deliverables such as handouts, and make travel arrangements for the project management team
- Work with field staff to collect daily time sheets and ensure they are completed with accuracy
- Prepare reports, communications, meeting minutes, etc
- Responsible for company data management and record keeping systems, electronic and paper
- Managing diaries, scheduling meetings and booking rooms
- Track change orders, RFI’s and submittal packages
- Setup and maintain both electronic and hard copy files
- Setting up meetings, both physical and virtual i.e. video conference meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary qualification in Records Management, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Communication Studies, or any other relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years related experience preferred but will consider a motivated beginner who can measure up to the demands of a busy construction office
- Proficient in computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic (reliable), organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Familiarity with working in a technical environment
- Proven ability to multi-task and work productively in a high-volume environment
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality with proprietary and other information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills are needed
How to Apply
To apply, please download the application form below, fill, and submit the filled form.
Do NOT make any submissions by email, or attach any certificates at this stage. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 30th December 2021 at midnight
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after application deadline, please accept with regret that your application has not been successfulWe are no longer accepting applications for this opportunity. Contact us for more details.