Research, Grants and Partnership Officer
Job Title: Research, Grants & Partnership Officer.
Department: Research, Development, and Innovations.
Company: Hydro Concepts (U) Ltd.
Industry: Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WaSH).
Duty Station: Kampala (With occasional field travels to upcountry Client sites).
Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable based on performance).
Reports to: Technical Director (With dotted line reporting to the CEO).
Job Type: Full-time.
Hydro Concepts (U) Ltd is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm in Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene (WaSH). We offer a range of services in the majority of water and sanitation disciplines, including but not limited to the design and construction of drainage and irrigation systems, rain water harvesting systems, artificial aquifer recharge systems, plumbing, waste water treatment, water supply systems, hydrology, and flood risk management. Our vision is to redefine the Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, and Planning in Africa. For more information about our services, please visit www.hydroconceptsug.com
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Research, Grants & Partnership Officer. The ideal candidate should have a passion for innovation, excellent analytical skills, and a strong background in research and development. The successful candidate will work closely with the management team and the Research, Development, and Innovations to work on cross-cutting assignments aimed at delivering the best quality services and products. If you are excited to be part of a winning team, Hydro Concepts (U) Ltd is a great place to grow your career.
The Research, Development, and Innovations team is responsible for overseeing the entire development process of new products and programs within our company, from the initial planning phase to implementation. The rigorous research, idea screening, and analysis undertaken by the team enables the company to decide what ideas are worth pursuing. The team proactively stays up-to-date, with the current and most advanced technologies and processes/products, hence advising the company to adapt accordingly. The team develops, tests, trials, and scales up a number of product prototypes (MVPs) and smart innovations relevant to the WASH industry.
Our R, D&I department is a wellspring of WASH sector knowledge, facts, statistics, and cutting-edge research and innovation, which it consistently disseminates via technical reports, fact sheets, newsletters, conference discussion papers, media articles, blogs, and WASH symposia. This has been made possible by the fact that we bring together some of Uganda’s foremost water engineers and seasoned versatile writers, whose intellectual rigor has enabled our firm to be at the cusp of releasing ground-breaking research and innovation over the years.
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, and smart Research, Grants & Partnership Officer who will undertake a range of activities to enable our company to innovate and introduce new products and services, as well as attract funding for the company in such forms as research grants, innovation grants, and prize awards. This will be achieved through writing high-quality grant and project proposal narratives, as well as effectively coordinating research execution upon winning such grants. To be successful, you should have a strong flair for innovation, be an avid reader, be a prolific writer, and generally have research as a part of your DNA. The ideal candidate for this position MUST have an unwavering passion for research and innovation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Scouting for grant offers and writing grant proposals aimed at solving the challenges and shortcomings in the fields of rainwater harvesting, drainage, water supply, sanitation, wastewater management, hydrology and related fields.
- Critical observation of the challenges and shortcomings in the fields of rainwater harvesting, drainage, water supply, sanitation, wastewater management, hydrology and related fields, and writing matching grant proposals aimed at solving these challenges.
- Conducting research and development activities aimed at identifying and implementing innovative solutions to address the challenges facing the sector.
- Collaborating with other team members to design and develop new products and services that meet the needs of our clients.
- Contributing to the development of technical reports, scientific publications, and other communication materials aimed at promoting the work of Hydro Concepts Uganda Limited.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities. This could include attending networking events i.e., trade exhibitions, marketing events, investor forums, and seminars with intention of connecting with prospective partners.
- Serve as a key point of contact for partners, answer technical queries, provide technical advice and make product demonstrations about our products and services.
- Coordinate the drafting and reviewing of partnership deeds, MOUs, contracts and agreements.
- Research and understand current and new technology trends and their implications on our key Clients.
- Create informative presentations; present and deliver information to potential Clients and partners at Client meetings, industry exhibitions, trade shows, and conferences. This could include pitch decks, elevator pitches, or general presentations on our products and services.
Attributes and Skills.
- Degree from a recognized university. We welcome applicants from various fields of study, including but not limited to engineering, social sciences, mass communication, journalism, quantitative economics, development studies, environmental studies, etc.
- Knowledge of data science and ability to perform data analysis and analytics.
- A passion for innovation and a commitment to promoting sustainability and environmental stewardship.
Desirable Skills and Traits.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a flawless command of English.
- Higher-order reasoning, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, research and report writing skills. No mundane reports.
Compensation and Benefits.
We offer competitive remuneration and full benefits package, including:
- Attractive base salary based on industry average.
- Uncapped tiered commissions that increase as the conversion of grant offers to grow (These are based on the value of offers converted).
- Bonuses (These are based on staff performance as per performance appraisal scores)
- Paid annual leave.
- Career development, growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
- Training and retraining opportunities.
Working Hours and Conditions.
The successful candidate will be expected to work full-time. The job is 80% office based and 20% could involve working from a field environment. Our regular working hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and Saturday 8:00 am-2:00 pm.
How to Apply.
To apply, please download the application form, fill it out, and submit the filled form via https://hydroconceptsug.com/careers/research-grants-partnership-officer/. You will also be required to upload your updated resume in MS Word or PDF format during submission.
The deadline for application is 12th March 2023, 11:59 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please accept with regret that your application has not been successful. Hydro Concepts (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified personnel.
N.B: Do NOT make any submissions by email, or attach any certificates at this stage. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.